Wednesday, February 27, 2013

HOPE

"Hope is the confident expectation of good. We hope for what we do not see." - Lina Abujamra

Is it really a blog if you have't posted since June? I'm not a blogger, so I'm not really sure. But, I am sure that it's a great way to periodically update people on the true reason behind why we do this race. So...away we go!

We are rapidly approaching our 4th annual F.A.B. 5k on Sunday, June 9, 2013.  The apprehension is already building. WHAT IF??? What if we forgot to do that one big thing? What if we picked the wrong date? What if  no one can come? STOP!  This is where hope fixes everything. We have done this before. People liked it. People came back. If we forgot something, we will fix it. I must cling to hope. Hope that everything is unfolding as it should.

I am thinking about the breast cancer fighters...the women, their families, the medical staff, the scientists. Now, they GET hope. These people cling to hope as if their life depends on it. Because, well...many times it does. I should learn a lesson or few from these people. They've got this HOPE thing figured out. All you have to do is look at our Inspirations and their families over the last 3 years.

I particularly like the quote above because the word "confident" is used to describe hope. That is so true. Hope is a fantastic thing. When clung to, it makes all the difference. Therefore, I have high hopes for this year's event. I have high hopes for all the research this race will help fund. And, I have VERY high hopes for all the women and families this event honors.

Finally, I hope you will keep reading, following us closely, and register for the 4th annual F.A.B. 5k on Sunday, June 9, 2013. Registration opens on March 1.

See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment